| 1Co 9:24 | ¶
Know ye
not
that they which
run in a race run all,
but one receiveth the prize? So run,
that ye may obtain.
| |||||||||||||||
|
And
every man that striveth for the
mastery is temperate in all things.
Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown;
but we an incorruptible.
| |||||||||||||||
| 1Co 9:26 |
I therefore so run,
not as uncertainly;
so fight I,
not as one that beateth the air:
| ||||||||||||||
| 1Co 9:27 |
But I keep under my body,
and bring it into subjection:
lest that by any means,
when I have preached to others,
I myself should be a castaway.
obtain
to obtain
oneness with my earthly father
God taught me
1. meet with him one on one
2. be a listener
3. ask God to teach me
4. try to go, "one step forward none back"
5. leave a lot of time in between
this gives God time to do new things
I found that in this important relationship
I would take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back
this was very frustrating
so I mounted a prayer approach
give lots of time of prayer
go to the person as the LORD leads
go one step forward and none back
I would pray
LORD what is that
one step forward
today
this week
5 months from now
be broken
be humble
be teachable
keep learning
going one step forward
included
different responses
to old hurts
and damage
those hot button issues that keep coming up
this takes a tremendous amount of God 's grace and power
LORD give me the serenity to accept things I can not change
the courage to change things I can
wisdom to know the difference
each of us Is learning how to overcome sin
run the race to receive the prize
the prize Is oneness
with God
and others
| ||||||||||||||
Saturday, August 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment